Saturday, April 11, 2009

ROOKIE SECTION - Acoustic guitar top 3 best buys

As a rookie, your first guitar will be an acoustic one. Some do start with a electric guitar. I don't recommend that.

I'll list you top 3 acoustic guitar best buys. If you can't afford one of these guitars, don't worry. All guitars will do you good at this stage. Most important is to get yourself one. Either borrow or buy. Maybe a gift? :)

So, here are the 3 top buys.

1. Seagull S6

These Canadian-made instruments are terrific guitars - very highly regarded, both for their beautiful sound, and their excellent value. The S6 features a solid cedar top, and mahogany back and sides. Although the price may be slightly above what some might be willing to pay for a first guitar, it should be considered an investment.


2. Yamaha FG700S

Perhaps not in the same league as the Seagull, the FG700S is still a solid beginner instrument, and for the price (significantly cheaper than the S6), it's a good value. Guitar features a solid sitka spruce top, with nato back and sides.



3. Takamine G-340

This beginner model Takamine guitar features a laminated spruce top. Although it clearly isn't on par with some of the higher end Takamine guitars, the general consensus is the G-340 offers a pretty good bang for the buck.


MY STARTING GUITAR

When I first started playing a guitar, I couldn't afford any of those expensive guitars. I managed to get myself a part time job, and saved some money to buy myself a guitar. I was looking to that moment for a long time.

I got myself a Yamaha CG-101 acoustic guitar, with nylon strings. It's mostly a classical guitar ment for finger picking. But, what did I know. :) I paid it around 170 euros. Probably could have gotten a cheaper and better one, but what the heck. I finally got a guitar.

It's a solid guitar. I still have it. But, be careful when you are buying a guitar. Try to gather as much information you can. Inspect all the models, get all the advice you can. Then decide and buy.

Either way. What ever guitar you buy, you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment